Approves September 8 as "Bar Date" for Non-Governmental Proof
of Claims in Diamond Case
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware has approved a
bar date (deadline) of September 8, 2008, at 4 p.m., for proof of claims
in the case of Diamond Glass from non-governmental entities. September
29 (at 4 p.m.) is the proposed bar date for governmental units to file
proof of claims. The deadline applies to claims that arose prior to or
on April 1, 2008.
According to court documents, Diamond, now known as DG Liquidation Corp.,
is in the process of notifying "all known entities holding potential
prepetition claims." Those not required to file proofs of claim,
according to the motion, are:
- Those that have already properly filed a proof of claim against the
company with either Garden City Group Inc., the company's claims agent,
or with the clerk of the court;
- Those whose claims are listed in the financial schedules filed in
the case and whose claims are not described as disputed, contingent
- Professionals retained by Diamond or the Official Committee of Unsecured
- "Any entity that asserts an administrative expense claim against
- Current officers and directors of Diamond "who assert claims
for indemnification and/or contribution arising as a result of such
officers' or directors' prepetition or postpetition services to the
- "Any Debtor asserting a claim against another Debtor;"
- Any direct or indirect non-debtor subsidiary of Diamond asserting
a claim against it;
- Any entity "whose claim against [Diamond] has been allowed by
an order of the Court entered on or before the applicable bar date;
- Any person or entity whose claim has already been paid by Diamond.
HERE for full text of order setting bar date.
HERE for full text of bar date notice.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to AGRR magazine.