How do you reach the most socially connected, digital generation to ever walk the planet? Amber Joy Fiedler, account executive at Warner Communications, answered that question for attendees of this year’s Auto Glass Week™ in Reno, Nev.
The first thing to understand is who these people are.
- Born between 1977 and 1995;
- 77 million strong;
- 24 percent of the U.S. population;
- 65 percent were born in U.S.;
- 23 percent has BA or higher;
- Ages 18 – 27 have a $24,973 median salary;
- Ages 28 – 36 have a $47,854 median salary; and
- 21 percent are married.
According to Fiedler, millennials already account for $1.3 trillion in direct annual spending. They’re now forming their lifelong shopping preferences as well as brand loyalty so it’s important to get in with them now.