Nippon Sheet Glass Co. Ltd., known as the NSG Group, released December 1 its interim report to shareholders for the period ending September 30.
The “151st Fiscal Period Interim Report” covers NSG operations from April 1-September 30.
“Our operating profit showed a significant improvement from the previous year in this period and the performance in the period was almost initially planned despite translational impact of yen appreciation,” according to the report, which was signed by NSG Group President and CEO Shigeki Mori. “The Group’s cash flow also greatly improved.”
- The directors did not recommend a dividend for the period which ended 30 September 2016.
- NSG Group will install a new high-performance press bending line at the Maizuru plant (Kyoto, Japan) for automotive windshields, applying its proprietary technologies. The construction will start this year and the start-up is planned next year.
- Revenue for the FY 2017 interim period totaled ¥289,798,000,000 (about $2.5 billion USD).
- Profit for the period equaled ¥5,114,000,000 (about $45 billion USD).
- Permanent employees totaled 27,156.
- The company now has principal operations and sales in more than 130 countries.
To read the entire report, including a list of executives, click here.