Due to COVID-19 collision repair facilities are challenged with the ability to procure partner products and services, as many organizations have decreased their hours of operation or in have completely closed down. Mitchell created the Diagnostics and Calibration Services Locator after hearing from several North America-based facilities that finding qualified scanning resources became difficult during the pandemic. According to the company, the locator matches facilities that provide in-house diagnostic devices and capabilities with those who may need those services, assisting anyone to find needed scanning or calibration services by location. The sign-up form also allows any facility to submit their available services to the locator free of charge, according to Mitchell.
Additionally, the company announced the availability of Mitchell ShopPak for Cloud—the only mobile platform to provide estimating and basic shop management functionality in an easy-to-use cloud-based application. The solution offers the following:
- One-click ordering: Submit an electronic purchase order directly to OE dealers via an OEC CollisionLink integration with a single click.
- Email parts list: Choose the parts to be ordered, add any desired notes and email the parts list to any parts supplier.
- Manage repair orders: Convert an opportunity to a repair order, manage a list of repair orders and close repair orders.
- Generate repair documents: Download or print a final bill, repair order (RO) document or work order document for a job.
- Apply disclaimers: Manage and apply disclaimers to repair documents, and apply signature lines to the bottom when needed.
- Platform integration: Order parts easily from industry procurement partner OEConnection from within Mitchell Cloud Estimating, and directly access the parts order interface and the entire Connect platform.
“Mitchell’s two latest offerings help maximize functionality, highlighting our leadership in mobile and cloud innovation while demonstrating our dedication to proper and safe repair,” said Jack Rozint, Mitchell vice president, sales and service, auto physical damage.
Mitchell has also created a central hub for industry updates and resources to help during the COVID-19 crisis, including links to the Diagnostic locator tool.