Fortune 500 magazine ranked the biggest American companies in its June/July 2020 issue, a few of which are related to the auto glass and insurance industries. Several were in the top 100:
- Ford Motor landed the 12th spot earning $155,900 million with a 2.8% change from 2018.
- General Motors came in 18th place earning $137,237 million with a 6.7% change from 2018.
- State Farm Insurance landed the 36th spot earning just under $79,395.3 million with a 2.9% change from 2018.
- Allstate came in at 72nd place earning $44,675 million with a 12.2% percent change from 2018.
- Nationwide was a few spots away from Allstate and came in 74th place earning $43,982 million with a 1.6% change from 2018.
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Group came in 77th place earning $43,228 million with a 1.3% change from 2018.
- DOW was right behind Liberty Mutual Insurance Group and came in 78th place earning $42,951 million according to the listing; there was not a percentage available from 2018.
- Progressive came in 86th place earning $39,022.3 million with a 22% change from 2018.
Travelers just missed the top 100 list and came in at 106th place. The company earned $31,581 million and had a 4.3% change in its revenue from 2018. Tesla, which is known as a leader in autonomous innovation, landed in 124th place. The company earned $24,578 million, which is a 14.5% change from 2018. Farmers Insurance Exchange faired towards the middle of the listing, coming in at 255th place. The company earned $12,592.5 million, which is an 8.1% change from 2018. LKQ, the parent company of PGW Auto Glass, came in 257th place and earned $12,506.1 million and saw a 5.3% change from 2018. Corning finished in at 277th place and earned $11,503 million and had a 1.9% change from 2018. Auto-Owners Insurance came in 320th place earning $10,007.4 million, which is a 25.1% change from 2018. Erie Insurance Group came in 376th place and earned $8,443.3 million, a 5.1% change from 2018.