If you missed the May/June issue of AGRR, then you neglected to hear the stories of a few auto glass technicians such as Ben Rorick of TechnaGlass and Jacques Navant of Don’s Mobile Glass, turned inventors, who were profiled in the latest issue. You can check out the full feature article here.
It’s a good chance, many other auto glass installers have an idea or two as well, but what qualities do many inventors share?
While every creator has their own unique process and style, there are multiple traits that are common threads amongst the inventors AGRR spoke to:
- Tinkerers: All three inventors commented on how they “love to tinker with things.”
- Good listeners: Many will tell you this is essential to creating a product that people want to actually use. It can’t just be great for you, it’s got to work for them.
- Stubborn: Don’t give up at the first sign of failure. Navant says a thick skin is an essential for inventors.
- Researchers: Each one made it clear that they did their research before getting started on a project. Research makes for a solid launch pad.
- Observant: All of these inventions started with a problem. Being aware of the issues, breeds inspiration.
- Drive: One inventor says the main thing he sees inventors have in common is their drive for both perfection and to know as much as they can about their craft. What an appropriate analogy for the auto glass industry.