The Aftermarket Replacement Glass Division of Carlex Glass America was recognized as a top-performing global supplier at the 22nd annual Ford World Excellence Awards. Carlex was announced as a Ford World Excellence Awards FCSD Gold winner during Ford Motor Company’s virtual event on Oct. 30, 2020.
“I would like to thank Ford for their generosity in recognizing Carlex with this prestigious global award. It is an honor to be identified as a valued supplier committed to excellence, quality, performance and delivery,” said Don Michelotti, president of Carlex Glass America. “This award represents the dedication of the Carlex team that works hard to support and strengthen our relationship with Ford Motor Company.”
The Carlex Aftermarket Replacement Glass Division operates a 500,000 sq. ft. distribution center located in Lebanon, Tenn. The Carlex ARG Division distributes original equipment glass to Ford and its customers, handling approximately 1,000,000 pieces of glass annually in addition to providing customer service, supply chain management and technical support functions.
“Ford’s annual World Excellence Awards recognize our top-performing suppliers for their contributions to our success,” said Hau Thai-Tang, chief product platform and operations officer. “Congratulations to Carlex Glass America for being a recipient of this coveted award. Thank you for all that you do in support of Ford Motor Company.”
Honorees were recognized for achieving the highest levels of global excellence across several categories, including:
• Primary brand pillar awards in winning portfolio, propulsion choices, autonomous technology and connected services categories
• Fitness awards for suppliers that most exemplify the framework’s principles, with an emphasis on quality, value and innovation
• Special recognition for suppliers that deliver results exceeding expectations
• Diverse supplier of the year and supplier diversity development corporation of the year for suppliers that excel in integrating diversity into their organization and business process
• Sustainability supplier of the year for a supplier that improves the business environment
• Gold and silver for supplier manufacturing sites demonstrating superior quality, delivery and cost performance throughout the year