Holds Bi-Annual Super Session in San Antonio
Savage, Minn.-based NOVUS held its 2008 Super Session, titled "Striving
to be Great," March 5-9 in San Antonio. More than 130 attendees
from seven different countries were in attendance at the event,
which is held every other year.
|Gary Skidmore, executive vice president for
NOVUS' parent company, TCG International, spoke about www.windshields.com.
The meeting kicked off on Wednesday, March 5, with a Golf Tournament
at the Quarry Golf Club, and on Thursday, March 6, the educational
portion of the event began. This included technical windshield repair
and replacement training and courses on Internet marketing with
an introduction to windshields.com by parent company TCG International's
executive vice president, Garry Skidmore. Dan Molloy of the Molloy
Business Development Group also spoke on increasing sales-closing
percentages and how to improve customer service.
On Friday, March 9, the company held its awards banquet with the
theme "Night Under the Texas Skies."
Among those honored were:
- Don and Carolie Larson of Port Orchard, Wash., who were named
to the NOVUS Hall of Fame;
- Leo Cyr, vice president of the National Glass Association's
auto glass division, who was named to the NOVUS Hall of Fame;
- Gregg Johnson of Platteville, Wis., 2008 Gold Franchisee of
- Troy Eberhardt of Cheyenne, Wyo., Silver Franchisee of the
- Craig Gostnell of Williams, Ore., Bronze Franchisee of the
- Brandon and Eva Games of Reno, Nev., Gold Rookie of the Year;
- David and Rhonda Scott of Newport News, Va., Silver Rookie
of the Year;
- Michael, Cindy and Brandon Long of Lansing, Mich., Bronze Rookie
of the Year;
- Carma Sue Pullen of Kennewick, Wash., Top-Volume Windshield
- Steve Moore of Vail, Colo., Top-Volume Windshield Replacement
- John and Wesley Wenger of Atmore, Ala., Top-Volume Additional
Products and Services Franchise Award;
- Dennis Moser of Anchorage, Alaska, and Mark Pixley of Sheridan,
Wyo., Dedication awards; and
- Denis and Patricia James of New Zealand, International Partner
of the Year.
Saturday continued the general session with speaker Joel Timmons
from Profitable Glass Solutions, who also authors a glassBYTEs.com
blog, and marketing analysis expert Andrew Ballard from Marketing
Solutions Inc. Following the morning speakers, franchisees participated
in breakout sessions ranging on courses from sales development and
business finance to creating profitable marketing plans.
The convention ended with a farewell fiesta acknowledging the NOVUS
Preferred Vendor Program. Vendor Sponsors donated a variety of prizes,
which were distributed to the attendees.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to AGRR magazine.