Safelite Employees Raise $37,000 for Charity
July 31, 2009
Twelve Safelite AutoGlass employees travel to England this week
to compete alongside colleagues from 18 other countries in the Mazda
London Triathlon. The event hosted by Belron® SA, Safelite's
parent company, raises money for Ma'Afrika Tikkun, an organization
benefiting children and orphans in South Africa.
The Safelite competitors are:
- Geoffrey Baker, assistant manager in Fort Collins, Colo.;
- Carrie Browning, recruiting manager in Columbus, Ohio;
- Eduardo Bustillos, store manager in San Antonio;
- Brian DiMasi, senior corporate counsel in Columbus, Ohio ;
- Brent Fiegel, warehouse lead associate in Minneapolis;
- Joseph Grubb, mobile pro specialist in Cleveland, Tenn.;
- Todd Hoffman, general manager in Louisville;
- Jenny Kipker, treasury analyst in Columbus;
- Jonathan Knight, technician in Boulder, Colo.;
- Paul Koehler, IT director in Columbus;
- Troy Mahlmeister, technician supervisor in Buffalo, N.Y.;
- Lucas Neitzel, warehouse driver in Des Moines, Iowa;
- Jolee Nowers, area sales manager in Salt Lake City;
- Jason Silva, technician in Scottsdale, Ariz.; and
- Matt Weger, IT director in Columbus.
All 12 were selected to join the team from more than 7,700 Safelite
employees. Each athlete will race individually or as part of a relay
of swimmers, cyclists and runners. The race is an Olympic distance
triathlon. It consists of a one-mile swim, 25-mile bike ride and
a 6.2-mile run.
"We are excited that this team of associates will be representing
our U.S. division overseas," says Tom Feeney, president and
chief executive officer of Belron US, parent company of Safelite.
"This is a wonderful event for a good cause, and it's a great
opportunity for this team to meet our Belron® family from around
Safelite pays for the travel expenses of the participants.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to AGRR magazine.