Safelite Autoglass® Employees’ Photos Selected for National Calendar
October 18, 2010
Twelve photos taken by Safelite AutoGlass® employees throughout the country have been selected as part of an annual, nationwide photo contest that determines images featured in a 2011 calendar produced by the company.
|Justin Kelly (shown here in the February 2011 photo), repair specialist, Salisbury, Md., took first place.
In 2011, the tradition of producing an associate photo calendar marks its 14th year. The calendar is distributed to more than 20,000 company employees, customers and vendors. For the 12 available spots, 1,832 entries were received from employees across the country; winners include both photographers and those who appear in the photos, according to Safelite spokesperson Melina Metzger. This year’s theme for the calendar is “Powered by Our People.”
“Each year I really look forward to the calendar contest judging and my honor to pick the photo that adorns the front of the calendar,” says Tom Feeney, president and CEO. “Showcasing images of our associates’ lives outside of work really embodies the caring aspect of our People First philosophy and how important the balance between work and personal life really is.”
The top three winners were as follows:
- President's Choice ($750 cash prize) – Justin Kelly, repair specialist, Salisbury, Md.;
- Second Place ($650 cash prize) – Po-Wen Shih, IT manager, Columbus, Ohio; and
- Third Place ($550 cash prize) – Eric Sallee, technician support associate, Phoenix, Ariz. (also earned an honorable mention for an additional photo).
The following were awarded honorable mentions (with a $250 cash prize):
- Chris Cole, services manager, Boston, Mass.;
- Richard Minnick, technician, Cherry Hill, N.J.;
- Aaron Wallace, repair specialist, Phoenix;
- Robert Lozano, Jr., technician, Victorville, Calif.;
- Ricardo Escobar, CSR, Cedar Rapids, Iowa;
- Dennis Caines, technician, Olympia, Wash.; and
- Holly Carfrae, CSR, Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Employees were invited to submit their favorite photos in late summer. A panel of judges narrowed the field from 1,832 photos down to 50, and then to the final 12 that will appear in the calendar. The judges were:
- Brian Carr, creative manager, Safelite® Group, Columbus;
- Todd King, designer, Ron Foth Advertising; and
- Tina Bush, photographer, Tina Bush Photography.
Need more info and analysis about the issues?
HERE to subscribe to AGRR magazine.