Safelite AutoGlass® Employee Photos Selected for National Calendar
October 27, 2011
Safelite has again chosen employee photos for its annual calendar. The company received 1,670 submissions for the 15th annual calendar. This year’s theme for the calendar is “Powered by Our People.”
In previous years, Safelite president and chief executive officer Tom Feeney chose his favorite photo to receive the top prize and appear on the cover of the calendar. However, this year, to reinforce the theme, company officials say the cover selection was made by a company-wide vote.
The winner was Eric Sallee, a technician from Phoenix. The photo shows 3666th Support Maintenance Company returning home from Iraq. “I was there with my entire family and it was the first glimpse we got of them walking toward us at the airport,” Sallee said. “I just thought it was a cool moment. My uncle was front and center too.”
In addition to having the photo appear on the calendar cover, Sallee received a prize of $750.
The following also placed in the contest:
- Second Place ($650 cash prize) – Matt Johnson, advertising director, Columbus, Ohio; and
- Third Place ($550 cash prize) – Andrey Skorobagatko, technician, Cherry Hill, N.J.
The following received honorable mentions, with cash prizes of $250 each:
- Jake Bowman, telephone sales representative, Chandler, Ariz.;
- Susan Cunningham, service manager, Harrisburg, Pa.
- Kellie Digel, HR shared services associate, Columbus;
- Mark Dowling, store manager, Pico Rivera, Calif.;
- Lewis Glassett, technician, Salt Lake City;
- Caleb Howard, telephone sales representative, Columbus;
- Melissa Nutter, dispatch, Columbus;
- Steve Ribaudo, mobile pro specialist, Alexandria, La.; and
- Sarah Swanson, repair specialist, Middletown, N.Y.
All of the winning photos are available online here.
The contest was judged by Lindsey Rabalais, graphic designer for Safelite; Todd King, designer for Ron Foth Advertising; and Eric Wagner, photographer for Illumination Photo.
This story is an original story by AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™. Subscribe to AGRR™ Magazine.
Subscribe to receive the free e-newsletter.