Safelite Opens "Green" Warehouse in Arizona
July 24, 2012
Safelite has announced the opening of a new green warehouse in Tucson, Ariz. The warehouse is currently seeking gold level LEED-certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. The 34,000 square completed a variety of energy-saving measures including:
- Installed low flow water fixtures that reduces water consumption by 20 percent.
- Installed occupancy sensor switches in work areas and restrooms.
- Installed a lighting control system in the warehouse that incorporates both daylight controls and occupancy sensors.
- Purchased renewable energy (wind) credits for 100 percent of the anticipated power consumption of the facility. This will reduce up to 702,000 pounds (318 metric tons) of carbon dioxide emitted into the atmosphere.
- All kitchen appliances meet or exceed an Energy Star rating of 70 percent or better.
- Installed hand dryers in all restrooms to eliminate paper towel usage.
- In the construction of the project, 75 percent of the building material waste was diverted from landfills and was either recycled or reused.
- All the office furniture wood work surfaces are Forest Stewardship Council Certified wood.
- All of the office furniture is Greenguard Certified.
- Installed a 30 percent recycled porcelain tile floor covering in the office area.
- Utilized low VOC paints and adhesives throughout the construction.
- Completed an enhanced commissioning process which including the flushing out of all air handling systems prior to occupancy.
Safelite's newest distribution center in Braselton, Ga., was also LEED-certified.
Subscribe to AGRR™ Magazine.
Subscribe to receive the free e-newsletter.